Step 1: Put your music player on shuffle.
Step 2: Post the first line from the first 20 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing.
Step 3: Bold through the songs when someone guesses both artist and track correctly.
Step 4: For those who are guessing -- looking the lyrics up on a search engine is CHEATING!
(1) Where has the time gone...it seems to fly so fast. One moment you're having fun, the next its come to pass. Days turn into yesteryear, old friends find their own way, until the moment you leave...I wish that you would stay...
(2) Little Child, be not afraid. The rain pounds harsh against the glass like an unwanted stranger, there is no danger: I am here tonight. Little Child, be not afraid. Though thunder explodes and lightning flash illuminates your tear-stained fair, I am here tonight.
(3) Give me attention. I need it now! Too much distance to measure it out out loud. Tracing patters across a personal map and making pictures where the line overlaps.
(4) Nightfall we're brushing past your town. Destination, not you, my one. The driver doesn't know way down how deep these bright-eyed feelings run.
(5) Look at all the many colors, so exquisitely embroidered, delicately and precisely sewn into a line organized in harmony, relationships so intricate how'd I ever come across a tapestry so fine?
(6) I saw three ships a-sailing in from across the sea. Strangers ne'er were welcome but for curiosity. But come they did and when they did ready they did stand, and things would never be the same in our Village on the Sand...
(7) I Climb, I Slip, I Fall reaching for your hands, but I lay here all alone sweating all your blood. If I could find out how to make you listen now because I'm starving for you here with my undying love and I, I will.
(8) The trouble with schools is they always try to teach the wrong lesson. Believe me, I've been kicked out of enough of them to know. They want you to become less callow, less shallow. But I say why invite stress in? Stop studying strife! And learn to live the unexamined life!
(9) In my hands, a legacy of memories. I can hear you say my name. I can almost see your smile, feel the warmth of your embrace. But there is nothing but silence now from the one I loved. Is this our farewell?
(10) There have been many tales tainted by truth, twisted by time. Some choose to forget, yet is still weaves webs in their minds. And it seems like she's been here forever, her branches as black as the seas. She's been through it all by the luck of the draw, she became the old hanging tree.
(11) Things are looking up, oh finally! I thought I'd never see the day when you smile at me. We always pull through oh when we try. I'm always wrong but, you're never right. No, you're never right.
(12) Tell me where our time went, and if it was time well spent. Just don't let me fall asleep feeling empty again.
(13) In the shadow of the moon she danced in the starlight, whispering a haunting tune to the night. Velvet skirts spun round and round, fire in her stare. In the woods without a sound, no one cared.
(14) I hear your whispers break the silence and it calms me down. A taste on my lips, your salty kisses. They say I'm seeking out the danger. That one day you won't let me go. I need you, Aquarius. Enchanted, I will have to stay.
(15) I used to be so quick, so clever, and I used to know myself much better. Cause anyone can see that this is only permanent; temporary, it never hurts to try.
(16) Dearest, darlingest, mommsy and popsicle; my dear father; there's been some confusion over rooming here at Shiz. But of course I'll care for Nessa; but of course I'll rise above it; for I know that's how you'd want me to respond, yes. There's been some confusion for you see my roommate is: unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe; blonde.
(18) Can't make my own decisions, or make any with precision. Well maybe you should tell me off so I don't care where you don't want me. Say then, I've been changing, and I'm not just simply aging. Yet how could that be logical? Just keep on cramming ideas down my throat.
(18) I'm going away for a while, but I'll be back, don't try to follow me. 'Cause I'll return as soon as possible, see I'm trying to find my place, but it might not be here where I feel safe. We all learn to make mistakes...
(19) As the wind chimes play along the breeze singing songs to stir the soul, rainbow colours entwined in fairytales on the maypole...
(20) I suppose that I look different, without the robes and crown. I come this day before you with no riches, or renown. For here I am no leader, I am just a humble man. And I only ask you take me, you take me as I am.
Mostly pretty obscure songs, so I'm interested to see if anyone will recognize them. Just mentioning, this is the first 20 songs of my playlist on shuffle, not necessarily my favorite or most-listened to songs. (Actually, many of them are songs I barely like!)